Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.unrautomotive.co.uk
This policy sets out how UNR Automotive Ltd Gathers, protects, disposes and our intended use of your personal data.
As a company we hold data electronically and in manual formats and maintain our high standards by following these data protection principles
• Fairly and lawfully protected
• Processed for specified purposes
• Adequate, relevant but not excessive
• Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
• Not kept for longer than necessary
• Processed in line with the rights of the individual
• Kept secure
• Not shared with any third party, unless required to do so by law
What is GDPR?
GDPR is designed to regulate the way in which companies collect, handle and process data.
What data we collect and store?
• We will only collect and store your name, address and contact telephone numbers.
How we collect your data
When you send an email to the email address displayed on our website we collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email.
When you contact us by phone, we collect your phone number and any information provided to us during your conversation with us. We do not record phone calls.
If you contact us by post, we will collect any information you provide to us in any postal communications you send us.
When you contact us using our contact form, we collect your name, email address and telephone number. We also collect any other information you provide to us when you complete the contact form, including any optional information you choose to share as part of the message you send us. If you tick the opt-in box on a form, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Why we need and use your customer data?
UNR Automotive Ltd will need to obtain your data for the following reasons:
• To inform you of you MOT expiry dates and service dates
• To update you of the progress of your vehicle that is in for repair
• To send offers and promotions relating to the nature of our business and
newsletters direct from ourselves
How we gather your data?
• We gather your data from yourself only. We will only ask you as an individual for your details such as: name, address and contact numbers.
• We do obtain data from any third parties
How we use your data?
• To send MOT expiry dates
• To send service reminders
• To send progress reports of your vehicle that is in for repair
• To keep our records up to date
How we store your information?
• Information will be stored on our full IT management system which is password protected.
How we use your data in manual format?
• Your information will be displayed on a printed job card, in the event of one of our employees to contact you in relation to your vehicle that is in for repair
Who can access the data?
• Members of staff of UNR Automotive Ltd.
How long we keep your data for?
• Manual job cards will be destroyed upon completion of your vehicle
• Electronic data will be kept until the customer informs us that they want their data removed.
UNR Automotive Ltd will not use your personal data to share with any third party or other companies, unless required yo do so by law. The sole purpose for our customers data is for our legitimate business use only.
UNR Automotive Ltd Data protection officer
If you need to get in touch with anything regarding data that UNR Automotive Ltd handles, our designated person is Mitchell Dedmen-Ert and his details are email@example.com or 0116 2516686.
We will always do our utmost to communicate as quickly as possible but please allow up to 30 days in the event of a delay.
How to request your data to be released
Please get in touch with UNR Automotive Ltd DPO stated above and ask for your data to be permanently deleted. This will result in all information being removed from our database.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.